Equilibration step does not work

Hello Gromacs users:

I have created a CG-vesicle using CHARMM-GUI and I have downloaded the gromacs file and the README with the minimization, equilibration and production steps. The minimization worked ok:

step6.0 - soft-core minimization

gmx grompp -f step6.0_minimization.mdp -o step6.0_minimization.tpr -c step5_charmm2gmx.pdb -p system.top -r lipidtail_posres.pdb -n index.ndx
gmx mdrun -deffnm step6.0_minimization

step6.1

gmx grompp -f step6.1_minimization.mdp -o step6.1_minimization.tpr -c step6.0_minimization.gro -p system.top -r lipidtail_posres.pdb -n index.ndx
gmx mdrun -deffnm step6.1_minimization

But the equilibration does not work:

gmx grompp -f step6.2_equilibration.mdp -o step6.2_equilibration.tpr -c step6.1_minimization.gro -p system.top -r lipidtail_posres.pdb -n index.ndx

It gives me this error:

Fatal error:
Can not invert matrix, determinant is zero

Does someone know what can I do?

Thank you in advanced.

Hi,
please state which GROMACS version are you using, what ( gmx grompp or gmx mdrun) gives error and what is the message in the standard output.
Kind regards
Alessandra

Thank you for your reply.
I am using the Gromacs 2020.1 version
When we execute this:
gmx grompp -f step6.2_equilibration.mdp -o step6.2_equilibration.tpr -c step6.1_minimization.gro -p system.top -r lipidtail_posres.pdb -n index.ndx
The error message is this one:
Fatal error:
Can not invert matrix, determinant is zero

Best regards

Hi,
It can be a problem in the definition of your box. Can you check that your gro file contains all the correct information (see here for file format http://manual.gromacs.org/current/reference-manual/file-formats.html?highlight=coordinate%20file#gro).
Also check your lipidtail_posres.pdb. Note you can use step6.1_minimization.gro (in place of lipidtail_posres.pdb) for the option -r .
Last, I would like to try to reproduce the error. Can you provide me a link to your input? Thank you

Alessandra

I attached here the files so you can reproduce the error and maybe you could find the solution because I still have not solved the problem.

Best regards.

You need to include the full toppar directory, otherwise grompp doesn’t have the force field files required by the topology.

Thank you for your reply. Here I attached the toppar directory.

Best regards.