How can I help about with Gromacs Manual?

I’d like to edit the parts concerning ACPYPE in Gromacs Manual. I’m reading v 2020.5 and it has references to a very old version.

Hello,

you can contribute to the project on our Gitlab (GROMACS / GROMACS · GitLab). Please check if the links are still outdated in the current supported version (release-2021 and the coming release-2022 branch). Then we can help you with getting a merge request ready with the changes you want to make.

Cheers
Paul

Thanks Paul!

I see the doc repository you have updated ACPYPE correctly 2 years ago.

But there’s another entry using the old name acpypi (docs/user-guide/force-fields.rst · release-2021 · GROMACS / GROMACS · GitLab) that need to be updated.

What would the be right procedure assuming I can’t change the file directly. Should I fork, do my changes and then do a PR?

Yes, you can make a fork and then create the Merge Request.
We also have Contribute to GROMACS — GROMACS 2021.4 documentation with some guidelines for doing this. You can tag me as a reviewer on the MR, I’m acmnpv on Gitlab.

Cheers
Paul

I forgot to ask, should I fork from Master then, right? Or do you expect me to fix other branches? If so, which ones?

You can fork from release-2021 or release-2022, fixes from those branches are later merged into master. This way we don’t need to apply the patch in several places.

Cheers
Paul

Done here Update links related to ACPYPE (!2356) · Merge requests · GROMACS / GROMACS · GitLab