GROMACS version: 2026.3
GROMACS modification: Yes (Plumed 2.10)
Hi,
I am trying to install Gromacs 2026.3 on HPC cluster with RTX 3080 GPU.
make check is failing for PLUMED and I am planning to use plumed later.
99% tests passed, 1 tests failed out of 106
The following tests FAILED:
27 - PlumedMDTests (SEGFAULT) GTest IntegrationTest QuickGpuTest
These are the steps taken to install the Gromacs.
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/kulkarnim/00_After_data_issues_June2024/softwares/plumed_210/executables/lib/pkgconfig
export PLUMED_KERNEL=/home/kulkarnim/00_After_data_issues_June2024/softwares/plumed_210/executables/lib/libplumedKernel.so
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/kulkarnim/00_After_data_issues_June2024/softwares/plumed_210/executables/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
cmake .. -DGMX_GPU=CUDA -DGMX_BUILD_OWN_FFTW=ON -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=gcc -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=g++ -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/kulkarnim/00_After_data_issues_June2024/softwares/gmx_2026_3_noMPI/executables -DREGRESSIONTEST_DOWNLOAD=OFF -DREGRESSIONTEST_PATH=/home/kulkarnim/00_After_data_issues_June2024/softwares/gmx_2026_3_noMPI/REGTEST/regressiontests-2026.3 -DGMX_BUILD_OWN_FFTW_URL=/home/kulkarnim/00_After_data_issues_June2024/softwares/gmx_2026_3_noMPI/fftw310_tarball/fftw-3.3.10.tar.gz -DGMX_BUILD_OWN_FFTW_MD5=$(md5sum /home/kulkarnim/00_After_data_issues_June2024/softwares/gmx_2026_3_noMPI/fftw310_tarball/fftw-3.3.10.tar.gz | cut -d' ' -f1)
make -j 48
make check
make install
I tested mdrun, it detected PLUMED_KERNEL, and still failed with following error:
+++ Loading the PLUMED kernel runtime +++
+++ PLUMED_KERNEL="/home/kulkarnim/00_After_data_issues_June2024/softwares/plumed_210/executables/lib/libplumedKernel.so" +++
starting mdrun 'Protein in water'
5000000 steps, 10000.0 ps.
** On entry to DSYEVR parameter number 10 had an illegal value
WARNING: internal inconsistency in allocated PlumedMain instances (1)
Might be a consequence of incorrectly paired plumed_create/plumed_finalize in the C interface
Or it could be due to incorrect calls to std::exit, without properly destroying all PlumedMain object
Please could you suggest what may be causing issue here?
Thanks,
Mandar