Which is the suitable version of plumed to integrate or compile with gromacs 2019.6?

I have Gromacs 2019.6 version installed in centos 7 linux. I have tried to compile plumed version “plumed-2.3.0” with gromacs.
The building procedure was successful but whenever i try to perform metadynamic simulations, gromacs doesnot recognize "- plumed " flag.

(base) [myousaf23@odae gromacs_mtd (copy)]$ gmx mdrun -v -deffnm md -nb cpu -plumed cv.dat
Error in user input:
Invalid command-line options
Unknown command-line option -plumed

For more information and tips for troubleshooting, please check the GROMACS
website at Common Errors — GROMACS webpage https://www.gromacs.org documentation

gmx mdrun -plumed cv.dat -s md.tpr -deffnm step7_production.mdp
Error in user input:
Invalid command-line options
Unknown command-line option -plumed

For more information and tips for troubleshooting, please check the GROMACS
website at Common Errors — GROMACS webpage https://www.gromacs.org documentation

some of the details i would like to share:
which plumed
~/Downloads/plumed-2.3.0/bin/plumed

to integrate plumed with gromacs 2019.6, i typed following commands in build folder of gromacs 2019.6 source directory.

(base) [myousaf23@odae build]$ cmake … -DGMX_BUILD_OWN_FFTW=OFF -DGMX_MPI=OFF -DREGRESSIONTEST_PATH=…/regressiontests-2019.6 -DGMX_SIMD:STRING=SSE4.1 -DGMX_EXTERNAL_PLUMED=ON -DPLUMED_LIBRARIES=~/Downloads/plumed-2.3.0/lib/libplumed.so -DPLUMED_INCLUDE_DIR=~/Downloads/plumed-2.3.0/include
– Configuring done
– Generating done
– Build files have been written to: /home/myousaf23/gromacs-2019.6/build
make
sudo make install
source /usr/local/gromacs/bin/GMXRC

please guide how to run metadynamic simulation under current scenario?

This is a question for PLUMED, not the GROMACS forum.

But if you are anyhow recompiling GROMACS it would be better to use the newest version of GROMACS that is compatible with PLUMED.

Thank you sir , for your quick response. I have just compiled 2019.6 version of gromacs with 2.8.3 version of PLUMED? But the issue is still the same. It’s not recognising the plumed flag. Please guide.

Did you read my replies? You need to ask this on Plumed mailing list.

And again, I suggest to use the newest versions of GROMACS and Plumed that are compatible.